ABC is an independent, non-denominational church. We are not connected with any given “organised denomination”, however we are part of the Willow Creek Association here in the UK, and are members of the Evangelical Alliance. Our services are deliberately contemporary in nature in order to communicate the energy and excitement of following Christ and break the “stereo typing” common in current Welsh church culture.
What we believe determines how we live our lives and what we will value. What we believe at ABC drives our vision and values. Depending on where you are on your spiritual journey you may want to know what we believe simply, or the full theological nine yards!
If you have no knowledge of the Christian Faith and want to know what it’s about we would suggest you look at the [about Jesus] section of the website. If your considering attending ABC, or have recently visited us and want to know a little more of what we’re about we’d suggest that you look at the New to Church pages.
If on the other hand you want the fully loaded, theological “Statement of Faith” of ABC Church then read on.
- We believe in the Bible (that is the Old and New Testaments) as the inspired Word of God, and the infallible and All-sufficient Rule for Faith and Conduct.
- We believe in the Unity of the One True and Living God revealed in Three Persons, Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
- We believe in the Virgin Birth, Sinless Life, Miraculous Ministry, Substitutionary Atoning Death, Bodily Resurrection, Triumphant Ascension, and Abiding Intercession of the Lord Jesus Christ, and His Second Coming.
- We believe in the Fall of Man, the Necessity of Repentance, Regeneration, Justification, and Sanctification of the Believer through the finished work of Jesus Christ alone.
- We believe in the Baptism of Believers by Immersion in Water, and in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with the initial evidence of Speaking with other tongues.
- We believe in the Nine Gifts of the Holy Spirit for the Edification, Exhortation and Comfort of the Church
- We believe in Church Government by Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors, Teachers, Elders and Deacons.
- We believe in Holiness of Life and Conduct. Freedom from Spiritual Affliction by Deliverance, and Deliverance from Sickness by Divine Healing, the Laying on of Hands, and Anointing with Oil.
- We believe in the Breaking of Bread in Memory of our Lord’s Death and Second Coming.
- We believe in the Everlasting Conscious Bliss of all Believers, and the Everlasting Conscious Punishment of all whose names are not written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.